Thursday, September 3, 2020

Sanding, sanding, and more sanding

 Did I mention sanding?

I did a lot of sanding the last couple of days on the epoxy sanding filler I applied to the tape edges on the interior. Today I applied 3" fiberglass tape to the edges around the bow and stern decks and wet it out with epoxy. That will also have to be filled and sanded. This stage is not as much fun as the construction stages, but it's necessary to make the rat look nice. If there's anything I can't stand it's an ugly rat.




Next Step

Fill and sand the tape edges around the decks. Give the entire boat topsides a thorough sanding. It will soon be time to flip it over and work on the bottom. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ready to Launch

  Finished Product Fittings installed in bow and stern decks. The Water Rat is all finished, named, and ready to launch. I am still working ...