Thursday, August 13, 2020

Plywood Butt Joint Results

Butt Joint Results

Removed the weights, clamps, boards, and plastic, and I am pleased with the results. I sanded the top side of the joint and will add another coat of epoxy to smooth it out a little more. It feels very strong.


Next Step

After sanding and applying another coat of epoxy I will let it cure overnight. Then I will turn it over and do the same procedure to the other side. It will soon be ready for drawing the nesting outlines of all the panels for the Wood Rat onto the plywood. I'm glad the butt joint is done. I was worried about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ready to Launch

  Finished Product Fittings installed in bow and stern decks. The Water Rat is all finished, named, and ready to launch. I am still working ...